Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Oh, yeah!

I had the {joy} of having to get up and go to work today. Why can't I have money without HAVING to work?! I mean, come on. I don't know why, but getting up was pretty painless though. Shocking, I know. I am normally so sleep in until the last minute possible, pressing the snooze button as many times as possible. But today I didn't. My dearest friend since 7th grade, Char, called and it's the first time we've spoken since before the Christmas break two weeks ago. It was GREAT to catch up, but sad that she lost her sweet doggie, Zach. I actually made myself some oatmeal with dried cranberries and golden raisins (thank you, McDonalds, for introducing me to this yummy morning treat that I was able to do on my own at home for WAAAAAAYYYY less money - instant apples and cinnamon oatmeal, add cranberries and raisins followed by water and remember to add a smidge more since the fruit will soak up some of it, too) and loved having a *warm* breakfast in my tummy on a cold day. It was only 24* outside today. Brrrr! Luckily, being that no students were at school today, I could wear yoga pants, t-shirt, hair up messy like and be good to g-o! LOVE it!

Work. Training. Blah. Blah. Blah.

I actually did well for eating my leftovers that I took for lunch, which WAAAAYYY filled me up. I only ate the pasta and my cheese. I left my yogurt for later, but wasn't hungry before leaving. Yeah! Oh, and NO SODA POP today!! Whoo Hoo! Go, me! I drank my coffee and sweet tea that I took with me in the morning.

Grabbed my kiddos right after work and went straight to the gym and onto an eliptical machine. 20 minutes later switched to a bike, then after another 15 minutes there went with Stef to do some arms and abs. We went outside, where no one seemed dare go, and flipped some of those big honking tires like you see on THE BIGGEST LOSER. There was this one and it was just too stinking heavy, so even though I tried ... it gets to stay right there and rest a little bit longer. Hee Hee. I did find a smaller one (still good size, like 4' in diameter) that I could lift up and throw around for a bit. It was kind of fun flopping that big ol' thing around. THEN ... I started kicking that body thingee with my foot and just kept kicking and kicking and kicking! It was so much fun to kick! Felt really good to workout. That's 3 days in a row! Total workout today was about 1 1/2 hours. Yeah!!!

Happily home, I grilled up some yummy sammies (Rachel Ray's term that I love!) for the fam. Choice of meats (turkey, turkey pastrami, honey ham) and cheeses (cheddar, mozzarella, pepperjack). Too bad the bread I intended to use had gone bad and were molding in the pantry, but luckily I had some honey wheat in there we could use. Sliced avocado, tomato, and mixed salad greens for me. Can I tell you how much I *love* using my George Foreman grill?!?!?! So fast and easy and healthy! Here's a picture to make your mouth water! We had it with leftover baked beans or pasta salad from last night's supper. Super yum and super quick.



So we got done in time to watch the latest episode of NCIS - my fave show! Dishwasher going. Kids' lunches made for school tomorrow. Blog updated. And there's still stuff recording on the DVR and NCIS: Los Angeles to follow on the television. Oh, yeah, y'all ... me likey!

No comments:

Post a Comment