Monday, January 16, 2012

3-day

I am soooooooooo glad this has been a 3-day weekend. It allows me more time to get things done around the house and a little down time, which I sooooooooooooooo desparately need! I could use extra time to get lots of projects done, too, but that will have to wait and/or be done in itty bitty pieces of time. Drats! Anywhoosers. I have the chores done, including laundry. Yeah!! Kids will have to empty and reload dishwasher with the few things on the counter, but that's it. And I'm excited that we are going to have one of our family fave dinners tonight ... make your own pizzas! Each person gets to design 1/2 a pizza any way they want to. We love it! Been doing this for about 2 years now I guess. Gives them what they want on a budget that I can afford! And it's healthier and we know what's going into it, unlike eating out. I don't know why I haven't put it on the menu lately. Such an easy supper to do. And the leftovers, if there are any, are even better the next day!! So let me share this week's menu with you ...
  • Make your own pizza
  • Mac-n-cheese with veggies, and a grilled chicken salad
  • Church night!
  • TV dinners (basketball games)
  • Eat out night - Chick-fil-A with coupons from kids good behavior at school so I'll only have to pay for my meal!
  • Brats and dogs (since the girl for some strange reason won't eat brats!) with carmelized onions, baked beans and pasta salad
  • Roast with baby new potatoes
I always plan my menu around what all we have going on for the week. Work. Gym. School events. Sports. Paydays. Etc. I try to ask the kids for their input on ideas to add to the menu. I love when they get to add to it and I don't have to think about it so much. It gets old being the only one to figure out what we're going to eat around here!!!

So tonight as we eat our homemade pizzas we'll sit in the living room and enjoy last week's and yesterdays episodes of ONCE UPON A TIME together. It's our favorite family show and I {love} that there is a show out there that we can all enjoy. As a family. How often can we find that anymore?!?!?!

Enjoy your day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment