Thursday, January 5, 2012

Lost and Found

I woke up this morning feeling so ... "Ugh. Do I have to get up?" and could barely get myself moving. I slummed it again just throwing my hair up so that it'd take less time to get ready. But I've never been one to view work as a fashion show that I gotta get all dolled up for. Maybe every once in a while, but not normally. So I got there and did a whole lot of stuff, which was fun. I went and mentored, which I *love* doing. I was most excited about the 4 o'clock whistle blowing so I could dart out of there and head to the gym!! Which is what I did. After a pit stop at home to change and grab the munchkins. It just feels soooooo good to be doing something good for my heart and soul (and all the rest of my body parts).  Afterwards we came home and I needed to make spaghetti and meatballs, because that's what my menu said to do tonight! I *love* my menus!! I do. I cooked some fresh asparagus and zucchini to go with it - separately. Heaven forbid my kids should eat zucchini! That was all for me. (Hee Hee) And we shared the asparagus.

So as I was cooking I did something that I haven't done in almost a year and a half. I called my Mother. She asked in a text yesterday if the kids could call today or tomorrow and I replied that they would. So they did. And they talked to both Grandma and Grandpa, filling them in on how school is going, how during football season they made it to playoffs but lost this year, how he isn't interested in baseball this year but would rather play soccer but can't because Mom won't let him until his grades are up, how she isn't getting into trouble at school, and thanked them for Christmas gifts. Then it was my turn. She wanted to talk to me. So we talked. Caught up. Learned a lot of good and bad things that have happened in both households since that day (September 16, 2010) when she left for unknown reasons as I was working shortly after my knee surgery on August 26th. I talked to my Mom, and then my stepDad. When I hit the red button to end the call I looked at the timer. 1:33 and some odd seconds. Wow! That was a long first conversation. That was nice. I hope there will be more and we can rebuild our relationship. This makes my heart happier.

But then I folded a load of laundry, put away food and cleaned the kitchen from supper and was losing momentum and steam, feeling oh so tired. Until I spoke with a friend that I hadn't talked to in almost two weeks. Now, this is a friend that we normally don't go more than 3 days maybe without even a few minutes to chat. So it was quite refreshing and even though that conversation lasted nothing near the length that the convo with my Momma did, it gave me the energy to actually post to my blog. 'Cuz before that ... I had considered skipping a post today! {Shrieks, "egads!"} I'm glad that my energy, although lost earlier, was found. But I don't think it's gonna last too long!

But as I go to bed tonight and wake up to that dreaded alarm clock in the dark hours of the morning, I can rejoice in knowing that it's FRIDAY!!!! And that means not only is the weekend eminent, but that I can relax and wear jeans to work. Oh yeah, baby! I *love* me some jeans days!!

What was "lost and found" in your day today??

No comments:

Post a Comment