Friday, January 6, 2012

Friday Sweet Friday

I woke up in a fairly good mood today. Not because I had to get up to that awful alarm clock, but because it's Friday and that means an end to the work week, the ability to wear jeans to school, and the weekend is for me and mine to do whatever or nothing at all!! Whoooooo Hooooo!!

Work. Gym. Home.

That was my day today. I'm excited about most all of it. {Hee Hee} I wasn't really feeling it at the gym, but neither was my workout buddy. We kinda slacked at a lower pace on the treadmill, although I did put it to an incline with my 3.0 to 3.5 pace that I moved at today. Regardless of how much time, what incline, and all of that gobble-dee-goop ... the point is that I am *MOVING* and that is fantastical!! That makes 5 days out of 6 that I've been physically active - and the one day I didn't was because we were at church. Rock on, me!! So proud of myself. It takes 3 weeks to make or break a habit. I'm 6 days out of 15 on my way! I learned that when I subbed for the middle school Teen Leadership class 4 years ago. 3 weeks. Perserverance. Determination. Goal setting. Support group. These are things that will help you obtain your goals. I keep going. I am determined to get and stay healthy. I have set my goals. And I have poeple that know my goals and are helping me to obtain them - by cheering me on and/or by going and working out with me. So thankful. So thankful for each and everyone of my cheerleaders and my workout partner, which I believe will be growing to partnerS after learning that one of my fellow teachers is trying out the same gym as me! Coolness.

Since I didn't start my soup this morning, but on my lunch instead, it wasn't ready when we got home so I hurried to cook some hot dogs which the kids devoured as they are watching this POWER RANGERS MORPHENOMENON marathon on tv. I'm not keen on this show, but whatever. I remember when it first started and my oldest used to watch it. Guess it's fitting that they all have had some sort of POWER RANGERS to enjoy. {Could be worse, like Barney or Yo Gabba Gabba or something.} So my soup is still cooking in the crock pot - Senate Soup aka Navy Bean Soup. I like "Senate Soup" better. That's what they called it at one of my childhood favorite restaurants (was it Union Hotel or that other old fashioned place?!). So easy to make. Navy beans. Onion. Bacon. Chicken broth. Salt & Pepper. Garlic powder. You throw it all into the crock pot (uncooked) and cook it. It's a "Fix it and Forget it" recipe for sure!! So as that continues to cook, I am blogging after having checked emails and facebook. But I'll be doing laundry here shortly so that I can have that done and out of the way for the weekend. I really do like doing the laundry on Friday nights. Then we can enjoy the weekend. And we rarely go out on Fridays so it really works well. For me. Maybe not for you, but that's what is so great about time management and being the logistical leader of your family. We are all trying to find what works for us. It's a never ending mission. Don't you think?! I say all of the time that organization is an ever evolving process that must be re-evaluated every so often. Times change, therefor your organization must, too. Here is a picture from my laundry room organization in 2011. I added the broken shelf sideways on top of the shelf that the builders put there and instantly added space! That's thinking outside the box. I had added the wire shelf unit a few years ago for my laundry products. I still use this as it is displayed in the photo almost a year later. It's still working for me. Coolness. One thing I don't have to have on my to-do list. At least not now anyways.


Speaking of organization, I hope to do some around the house this weekend. I want to work on the craft/game room. I add the "game" part because I do store all of the Board games in the closet and the old PS2 is in there, but I doubt much else will be done gamey in there. {Hee Hee} I am just excited at the notion of being crafty again! Scrapbooking. Sewing. Miscellaneous crafts. I like a lot of stuff and thanks to Pinterest I am finding a WHOLE lot more to inspire me! And with having more "me" time in 2012 as well as family time, I anticipate a lot of crafting - individually and with the kids - this year. Yeah! I think they'll like that a lot. My kids love being artsy fartsy. Like their Momma. Like their Grandma. I guess it's "in the genes" as my Mom says. Maybe it is. Maybe it is. Below is a project I did that I absolutely love. I think I did it in 2011, also. I learned from Teresa Collins (fabulous designer of scrapbooking products) how to make the paper flowers. I was instantly hooked and wanted to flower EVERYTHING. I did this altered photo frame for my daughter's room. It still has no photo, but sits on top of one of her tall bookshelves. I love the quote, too. SO true!


So what are you doing to start your weekend??

Happy Friday to you, blog world. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment