Saturday, January 7, 2012

Funk

I had to sleep with my legs propped up on some pillows last night. Couldn't get comfortable otherwise. Once I slid them suckers under my knees it was 1000% better and I could doze off. I didn't make it through Oprah's new show on the DVR after I did that! Slept in today. I {love} sleeping in! Have I said before how much alarm clocks annoy me?! Got up and did some laundry that I should have done last night, but didn't. Then worked on my budget some more and found a way to pay off an extra almost $700 in credit card debt by tweeking my order of repayment. That makes me happier! I got so lost in doing that that I lost track of time and didn't get to my friend's yard sale to help her. She text me wondering if I was coming, and then I got there an hour later (I had to get ready 'cuz of course I was still in my pajammers!). I went to grab Sonic drinks {gotta love HALFY HOUR!} for her and her other friend (and I treated my daughter and myself, too, with the gift card I received for Christmas!), then went off to do some of my errands. I had some shopping to do today with sales that were ending and coupons ready to expire.

First stop - Walgreens. Dasani water was on sale for $3.99, which is $2 off the normal price. Not too shabby for 24 16.9 oz bottles of my fave water! I got two, although the limit is 3. I'm trying to be good with my budget and I'm tight right now until payday on the 13th. Spent $7.98, saved $4.00. Outside there were Girl Scouts selling cookies. Yes. It's that time of year already! So I treated my daughter and she got to pick one box. Thin Mints. Cost $3.50.

Second stop - CVS. Shick Intuition refills offered $3.00 Extra Bucks, limit of 1. I found two different varieties that had a freebie bonus "3+1" so I picked one of those to maximize my money/savings. Originally $11.79, I used my $2 coupon and earned a $3 Extra Bucks to use before the 6th. At the register there are lots of candy bars that are on sale for 75 cents and you earn 75 cents Extra Bucks, limit 1, so I grabbed that, too!

Third stop - Mrs. Baird's Outlet (the day old bread store). I had a full punch card which entitled me to a FREE fresh loaf of bread. I got that, a $2.15 savings, and a sale loaf of mini rounds for $1.29. Of course I presented my new punch card to earn that $1 stamp towards another freebie!

Fourth stop - Brookshire's. There were a few items advertised that I wanted to look at with my coupons. Nature Valley Granola Thins - bogo 1 cent with 75 cent coupon, so 2 boxes for $3.25. 8 cans of Progresso Soup for $8 with coupons. SlimFast shakes were buy 2, get a FREE snack/treat and I had coupons to buy one 4-pack get one free. So I combined and got 4 4-packs and 1 freebie (I didn't think it would be right to ask to get a free snack on items I got for free; I'm not greedy!). Spent $23.23, saved $36.54. And at the check out I received some printed BONUS Box Tops - 90 of them for my kids' school!!

Total spent: $39.91.
Total savings: $48.69.
Savings of 55.96%.
Not my best, but not the worst. I could have paid full price for it all, right?!

Here's a photo of today's haul.

It's rumored (Working Mom Coupons on facebook) that there are going to be six coupon inserts in the Sunday newspaper tomorrow! That's better than the 4 from last week. Sure is exciting! I am eager to get to the market to find out what's in there. I can see what she has listed on her site, but I like to physically look at the coupons. I'm a visual person like that. It'll be fun to see what I can do with those coupons, the new weekly ads, and the market (grocery store for those of you that don't like my country term) ads for both this week and next week!

What did you do for savings for yourself and your family today?!

No comments:

Post a Comment