Sunday, January 8, 2012

Ewwwww

I've had it with bagless vacuum cleaners! I've tried. I tried being environmentally friendly with my vacuuming but can no longer do so. With dogs that shed it is not feasible for me. Too much hair combined with dirt and nastiness that I have to stick my hand in to clean. And far be it for anyone else to help with this. So it's all on me. Well I've had it. After today I have decided that I am buying a regular old fashioned bagged vacuum cleaner on payday and this thing can make it's way to a friend who may want it or to the Goodwill. What's the point in *cleaning* when it only makes a mess to empty the stinking thing?! It is a time sucker that makes absolutely no sense in my life and I will no longer stand for it.

This is the pile of dirty crud left on my carpeting after emptying the vacuum cleaner.
 This is what my vacuum cleaner looks like after the emptying process. It looks as if it's been in some old lady's attic for years and years and years. Disgusting!
 And this is what I was actually able to get into the trash can! Tons of doggy hair and nastiness. {Blah!}
I didn't even take a photo of what my hands looked like from cleaning the stinking thing out. Absolutely disgusting! And I can no longer do this. Well, I guess I will have to for about a week or so, but that's it. As soon as possible I *HAVE* to get a new vacuum cleaner. And this will make me MUCH, MUCH HAPPIER!!! No fuss. No muss! That's how I like it!!

So on a separate note ... I cleaned out the boxes by flattening them and getting them to the curb last night for someone who is preparing for a move. {Reduce. Reuse. Recycle.} And I straightened the pile of whatnot that is going to Goodwill to one area. It is my plan to drop it off still today. It's going to take a long while to get the garage done again, but here are photos of how it looks now even with the donation pile. I *will* get this done before summer arrives. I want it nice, neat, and orderly. I want to do that as a gift to my husband. I want to wow him with a fantastic garage that is (mostly) his. I cleaned out the hallway and part of one bedroom with things from my oldest moving out - sort to keep memorabilia, things that can be donated, and garbage. Done. Boxed and labeled, ready to go into the attic and also added to the Goodwill pile! But I went to clean the carpeting and that's what lead me to have to empty the vacuum and the mess that ensued. Seems wasteful of my time, which is very valuable to me. I don't have time to do many things that I want let alone need to do, but I have to spend time cleaning, cleaning, cleaning. That's why in 2012 I vowed to myself that I will get organized and keep it that way. It is my mission.

Stay tuned for mission status reports ...

No comments:

Post a Comment