Monday, February 13, 2012

Valentine's Day ... ooh la la!

Okay ... so I have a plan for tomorrow to surprise my kids many times throughout the day. I'm soooo excited!! I went to Target today (thanks to getting the ad via email) and picked up some of the $9 movies - I mean, hello ... $20 movies on sale for $9 is a great deal. ESPECIALLY when some are newer releases! I got REAL STEEL and CAPTAIN AMERICA for the boy, and CARS 2 and KUNG FU PANDA 2 for the girl. I also grabbed a bag of Hershey's Kisses (in the festive pinks and silver) to splatter around the counter top around their gift bags in the morning. I'm going to have it out ready for them in the morning. I'm also serving some PINK HOT CHOCOLATE thanks to finding the recipe in last week's issue of Woman's World Weekly magazine. (I'll share the recipe at the end of the post.) I also decided that since I have heart shaped sandwich cutters, I'm going to do some French Toast in the shape of hearts. All of this will be the {beginning} of the surprises for the day!! Then I'm going to make their lunches (which I NEVER do) and I'll again use the sandwich cutter to cut their pb&j (their fave) into hearts, so that's surprise #2 for the day. I also picked up some strawberries and melting chocolate (the kind in a container that you nuke in the microwave, to be found in the baking aisle of your grocery market) to do some dipped strawberries for dessert and that's surprise#3 for the day.

I really can't tell you how fun it has been to come up with all of this - literally all since about 1pm today - and less than 4 hours later I'm good to go with all of it and giddy with excitement! This is so not me, but it sure is fun. I mean I like to do fun, cool things and surprise my kids, but normally I don't get this many ideas ESPECIALLY all at once. Okay, I've had the hot cocoa idea for over a week, but the rest fell in place today. Now there is one thing that I wanted to do but can't ... on Pinterest I saw heart shaped CoolWhip (splat it down, try to flatten and freeze then use cookie cutters to do whatever shape you want!) but couldn't find a heart shaped cookie cutter at either Target or Walmart today. So. Ixney that idea. I think the kids will be in awe of the pink hot chocolate and not worry about (what they don't know they are missing) in heart shaped CoolWhip. {hee hee}

Pink Hot Chocolate -- Woman's World Weekly magazine, February 13th issue

In small pot, heat 2 cups milk over low heat until steaming. (Do not bring to a boil.) Place 1/2 cup white chocolate chips in bowl; carefully pour in milk. Whisk in 3 Tbspn maraschino cherry juice and 1/2 tspn vanilla extract. Divide between two mugs and enjoy! Serves 2.

So as I close, I want to wish you and yours a very happy and love-filled Valentine's Day tomorrow. Hug and kiss those you love, tell them as well as showing them, and may your heart be filled with love and joy as you share the festivities with those you care the most about.

No comments:

Post a Comment