Thursday, December 27, 2012

So today the Mr. decided to iron the blackout curtains he brought home from overseas to hang in the living and dining rooms (which are open to one another). It works well for him since he likes it dark, where as I'm one who likes the blinds open and the sunlight flowing in through the windows. But with his headaches, he wins. I have to give him that. Maybe when he's going to be gone for more than an hour or so I'll open them and have the sunshine for my enjoyment. But being that it's winter weather and below freezing outside, I'll let him think he's won when really it's me who wins because I'm the one who freezes my tokus off and he's the one who's always hotter than all get out! I think it'll work. =)

Because of the curtains going up in the living room, I decided that the furniture must be rearranged so I pulled out the vacuum cleaner and got to work doing just that. So the living room is 1/2 different, swapping places from one side to the other. Which leaves the poor Christmas tree shoved aside, actually blocking the back door at the moment. So I tell the Mr. that our next project needs to be to take that down and put it away. Not sure if he likes that much, but just as I type these very words he started removing ornaments from the tree!! {Whoo wee!} This will be THE earliest that my tree has been put away in at least the last 6 years!! I've been known to be teased for having my tree up past Easter in the last few years. I'm too lazy to do it. It's too pretty. I'm too tired. I just don't wanna. And I could go on and on with the reasons I've used in the past. BUT. Hubby is home and things are different and that simply wouldn't fly with him here. Okay. Works for me! I'm just hoping that because I didn't want to have anything to do with putting up the tree this year (Mr. and the kiddos did it as I watched) that I won't have to do any of the removal part of it either. Wishful thinking?? Maybe. We shall see.

Besides all of that going on. The hubby asked about the extra gazillion wooden hangers that we have next to his side of the bed and in a container in the garage and then what the kids have. They still have plastic hangers. His blue. Hers black. So he counts. Little he counts. I knew little girl has WAY TOO MANY clothes to swap. Little boy wins! So as the winner (which he would call the loser!) he has to remove all of the hanging items from his closet, sort them into piles (wear, holes/stained to throw away and/or put to the t-shirt quilt making pile, doesn't fit/don't wear to donate/sell) and then rehang and put away. So since he "won" I decided to send the little girl off to do the same thing in her closet. Sorting into the same piles. They'll have great looking closets soon. And with the reduction in unnecessary/unused items, it should make things look cleaner (aka better) and reduce stress. For me when it's time to figure out what to wear since that's so difficult! {What parent doesn't go through this at some point with their children - boy or girl?!}

Maybe our reward later will be a family game or movie.

But what I really want to do. Seriously, I do. Although I wonder if I have enough stamina to even think of starting it. What I really want to do is get started again in the craft room. It became the dumping grounds as I lost steam when I first started that project in the summertime and then more so when hubby was coming home and I just had to move things from other areas of the house! I mean it makes sense to just dump it there (at the time) so that it was in one place that had doors that could be shut so unless you knew it was there or opened the door, it just wasn't where everyone else was (aka the rest of the house)! I do want to work on it over the break and just may get started in there. I did do a little bit the other day when I removed all the PS2 stuff on Christmas Eve. Maybe I can ask the Mr. to take all of that to the store and sell it for credit to buy a new game for the system Santa left the kiddos for Christmas.

Gotta go. Hubby says he can't proceed with the Christmas tree until I finish collapsing the boxes from gift giving. Gotta go do that so he can work more.

Happy cleaning!
Happy organizing!
Happy Happy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment